Wind Turbine Technician
We are looking for individuals familiar with mechanics and mechanical engineering who are either seeking employment within the wind turbine sector or looking for a career change.
You will receive focused, structured and accredited training with an emphasis on your personal development, including Working at Height & Rescue qualifications.
Due to the rapid growth of the current business and its maintained fleet, this role requires quick integration and adaptability into the present engineering team.
Travel and overnight stays are a fundamental part of this role as our sites cover the whole of the UK. Our fleet of maintained turbines is spread from Aberdeen down to Cornwall. Accommodation and subsistence allowance provided at favourable rates.
*If you have any doubts about working away during the week for long several weeks at a time, please do not apply*
Full UK driving license is essential and MUST be based within the East Midlands area (Notts, Derbys, Leics). Applications from outside the East Midlands area will not be considered.
- Service and maintain wind turbine fleet
- Use software to control wind turbines and create service reports
- Ensuring compliance with all necessary HSE regulations relating to the role
- Liaising with on-site customers in a professional manner
- Willingness to learn new skills and engineering solutions provided by the company
- Ability to use heavy-duty equipment in confined spaces
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keen, reliable and outgoing with a very strong aptitude for hard work
- Good understanding of health & safety processes and self-awareness whilst on site
- Willingness to travel and be part of an evolving team-base
- Ability to understand service manuals and follow strict procedures
- Full clean UK Driving License
Salary: This will be commensurate with experience and will be comparable to current industry salary rates.
Benefits: We offer a staff healthcare insurance scheme which includes discounted gym membership.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
How to apply
Please forward CVs with supporting statements to email@example.com